Jackbox Games is looking for an IT Associate to join our team in Chicago! (Though currently, we are all working from home.)
Who Are We?
Jackbox is a small game studio (~50 people) best known for our Jackbox Party Pack franchise: a set of five social party games released every fall. Since 2014, our games--like Quiplash, Drawful, and Trivia Murder Party-- have been featured on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, by Polygon, and in living rooms and finished basements across the world.
In 2020, we had over 200 million users. And we have hard evidence that one of those users was Academy Award-winner Charlize Theron.
You can learn everything you ever wanted to know about how our games work (spoiler: your phone is the controller!) and who we are and what we make at jackboxgames.com.
What’s the Job?
Many people at Jackbox Games have chipped in to provide IT support to the employees at Jackbox Games, but we have grown and it is time for us to have a full-time, dedicated IT professional to keep our information secure and ensure that our staff members have the tools they need to do their jobs efficiently.
- Manage, respond to and resolve technical issues and requests from employees
- Build and maintain workstations for employees as well as common space office and AV equipment
- Evaluate, procure, distribute, and keep accurate inventory of all IT related equipment, hardware and software.
- Manage users, grant access, and configure software packages for employees, including the proper on and off-boarding of employees.
- Update and patch networking equipment as necessary. Keep our systems secure and up-to-date.
- Work with management on IT strategy
- Are personable, patient, clear communicators, and good listeners when providing technical support
- Have built and maintained network systems consisting of routers, switches, firewalls, wifi, etc.
- Have experience administering Google Workspace or similar enterprise software packages
- Understand security best practices
- Are able to work independently with minimal supervision
And it would be nice if you also have…
- A passion for video games (especially ours!)
We only hire clever, kind, motivated and creative people. Jackbox Games is a group effort and you must work collaboratively. Everyone here shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.
Jackbox Games is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, or disability.
Are there any perks?
- Competitive pay and benefits. 401(k) with matching. And we pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees. We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/partner/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance. Paid parental leave.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, or whatever (at least when we’re back to working in the office. We are all remote at the moment).
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of talented and innovative folks. Most of the day, the place is pretty quiet (we’re a focused bunch), but this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment.
- Easy transportation. We’re very close to the “L” and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods if that’s your kind of thing), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses.
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with snacks.
How to Apply
We look forward to reading your application. Make sure you include:
- Your resume.
- A cover letter. We weigh cover letters heavily, so you can (and should) write more, but we won’t evaluate applicants that don’t answer these two questions:
- Why are you interested in working at Jackbox Games?
- What is your favorite game and why?
We know it is a time commitment to prepare an application and we respect that effort by thoughtfully reviewing every complete application and responding one way or the other. But that kind of thoughtful review means that it sometimes takes us a while to get back to applicants, so please be patient with us and no phone calls.
- Do I need to live in or relocate to the Chicago area for this position?
Short answer: yes. Long answer: We are all working remotely due to COVID-19 at the moment, so there’s not a rush, but the expectation is that eventually you will work out of our Chicago office.
Thanks for your interest in Jackbox Games!